Friday 30 May 2014

The Creative Maze: Costume-making for Film.



Hello again, and welcome back to The Creative Maze.

You may remember, from my last Creative Maze post, I promised you a decent image of my finished huntress costume for filming later this year?  Well, here are a few shots...











As you can see, the costume needs steaming (carefully!) to remove the creases, but I'm really pleased with how it has turned out.  I love the shaped front that I altered from the original pattern, and you might be able to see that I've stitched a small dart into the front skirt sections - this helps to hold the shape nicely.  I think it looks great with the lacing in place, and the addition of 'tails' at the back has added another dimension to the costume.

I think, all in all, that although there are some things I would do differently if I made this again, this has been a successful project as well as a great learning experience.  I'd love to hear what you think of it, so why not send me a message or leave a comment below.  I'd better go and get on with the cloak to go with this costume, as I've now been asked to make another 'half cloak' and a medieval lace-up shirt.  I need more hours in the day!  Happy sewing...


No comments:

Post a Comment