Saturday 21 December 2013

The Ghost of Christmas Present - Val

It’s pretty unbelievable how quickly Christmas has come around this year.  Does that sound familiar to you?  Yes?  I know – I seem to find myself saying something similar every year.  But, this year in particular, Christmas has turned up on my doorstep like an unexpected visitor with a huge suitcase, a massive smile, and oh crikey, with wide open arms that are ready to suck me into his enormous embrace.  I’m embarrassed, but I force a smile, walk willingly into his arms and hug him back, wishing I was more organised and I’d made the time to tidy the house yesterday!

Oh well...  There’s no such thing as perfection, I suppose.  Perhaps, if I am a good enough hostess, he won’t notice the dusty corners and the dog hairs I can never seem to get out of the carpet.  He’ll just enjoy the company and the fun, laughter and love that fill this house when we’re all together.  I wonder if he plays Poker?

We’ve decorated our house together to welcome Christmas properly, and have eaten too many of those foil-wrapped chocolates that should be sitting snugly on branches right now.  Here are a few shots showing how our Christmas house looks this year.



The tree now has some home-made snowmen, robins, Christmas puds and hearts to replace the snaffled chocolates.


 
 
I hope you enjoy the shots (especially the ones featuring our festive Dalmatian), and I hope you don’t spot those dusty corners...

No comments:

Post a Comment