Friday 10 January 2014

Challenge: Learning to Knit #1



This is my first post about my challenge, well actually it's my second of the first. Grrrr. I accidentally deleted my post. I can't believe I did that. You all know how it is when you lose a file and then you try to come back and write another one and it's just not the same...well this is what's happening to me right now :)  I'm drawing a blank, so I will just write a short post to give you an update and then next time I'll make sure to not delete my post :)

So Val and I decided to take on a challenge for 2014 and mine is learning to knit. I've always wanted to learn how to knit but I never got around to it. Well now is the time for me to learn I think. I'm intrigued by all of the cool things that you can make, so I'm all in!

I come from a crocheting family of women and I learned how to crochet a bit before I came to England. When I got here though I didn't keep going and I forgot a lot of what I'd learned. So that skill was lost. I'm hoping that once I get the knitting going that I'll be able to pick up crocheting again because I'm thinking both crafts have to be cousins. Therefore, I will hopefully be able to learn both over time.

I've been enlisting the help of Youtube videos and it's been a bit of trial and error. But I'm watching over and over so hopefully I'm on my way. I know that I can do it!

I'll be back soon with an update of my progress. Wish me luck! Until next time....

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! I tried to learn from YouTube vĂ­deos too, but it seemed so daunting. Time to practice and the crocheting background should help. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah,

    Thanks for wishing me good luck! I'm trying to learn from Youtube too. Eek! I'm hoping it will all make sense soon :)

    Dori

    ReplyDelete