Friday 24 January 2014

Challenge: Learning to Knit #2


This is my second challenge post and I have made some progress in my quest to learn how to knit. Thankfully I've found just the right Youtube videos to learn from so now I don't feel so out of my depth and I really think that I can learn. As you know, there are scores of videos on every topic on Youtube and there are loads of videos that are just about knitting. So you're spoiled for choice really.

Well I've finally found the videos that I think are going to guide me on this journey to learn a new skill and I'm excited. I'm starting to learn from the videos called 'Knitting Tips by Judy'. Thankfully she doesn't go too fast and I find that I'm not overwhelmed when I watch her videos. Learning a new skill is a challenge so I think it's essential to not feel like you're beaten even before you start. When I saw her video about casting on I let out a sigh of relief because she has created one that is specifically done slowly so that it won't discourage knitting newbies like me.

So I've been practicing casting on with this first slow version and it is going pretty well. I feel accomplished even though I'm just beginning. I feel accomplished because I feel like I'm finally making some progress and not just standing still. I really feel good about learning now. All that it took was finding the right teacher!

I've been practicing casting on for a bit and I've been doing it over and over so that it will become second nature to me. It's going well so far. I'm going to move on to the next step of making a second row in the next few days. I can't believe that I'm finally learning to knit!

I'll be back in two weeks with my next challenge post and Val will be here next week with her challenge post again. So please come back and visit us to see our progress. Also please feel free to leave a comment. We'd love to hear from any of you out there who are learning a new skill. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment