Wednesday 1 January 2014

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Hello and welcome to the Labyrinth for the first time in 2014.  We hope you had a great New Year, wherever you were, and whatever you were doing.

As mentioned in yesterday’s post, the New Year is traditionally a time to make resolutions or to try something new...to embrace change.  For most people I know, 2014 seems to herald massive change; there’s a lot going on this year, and that applies to my own family too.  It can be ‘scary’, but I’m going to try to view it as ‘exciting’ instead.  I know it won’t be as easy in practice as it is to say...but I’ll try.

Dori and I have lots of plans for the expansion of the Labyrinth in 2014.  We will be featuring our personal challenges with follow-ups each week on Friday (Dori and I will post on alternate Fridays).  My challenge is to teach myself to play the piano properly...something I’ve always wanted to do, but something that I’ve always had a reason to ‘put off’ or not find enough time for.  Well, no longer.  My challenge will be sticking to a regular regime of practice, with a view to being able to play a recognisable piece of music by the end of the year that will be videoed and posted in the Labyrinth.  Who knows what might happen!  Other features will include a book club (every fortnight on Monday, starting on January 6th with Little Women), the Sanctuary (for ‘Health’ and ‘Self’, every fortnight on Monday, alternating with the book club), and the Recipe Halls of Fame and Shame (every Wednesday, alternating between Dori and myself).  There are other plans afoot for a writer’s corner, a comedy section (Dori and I plan to write and film some short sketches later in the year), a travel journal, a style and home corner, a culture and creativity section...and the list could go on...  Watch out for a filmed ghost walk next Halloween – that should be fun!

We hope the Labyrinth will interest, entertain or help you this year.  Many thanks for reading...

*********

Val has beautifully set out the plan for 2014 in the Labyrinth, so I will just add that my challenge will be teaching myself to knit. I've always wanted to learn and have always felt a bit daunted by trying it, but this year I'm taking the plunge! I'll be sharing photos to chart my progress or the lack thereof  :-)

We have a lot to share with you in 2014 as we grow things here. We hope that you'll join us every step of the way!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love the plans & sections outlined for the blog, and look forward to reading it throughout the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah,
    Thank you for the support! We hope you will enjoy visiting us on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete