Saturday 29 March 2014

Arts and Culture : Graduation Day at the Barbican

Hi everyone, and a very Happy Saturday to you all.

I'm REALLY excited today, as I'm graduating this afternoon after four wonderful years of study!  I live in the far west of England, but chose to graduate at the Barbican in London, as I'm from London originally, my close family still live there, and it makes for a great day out.  A weekend away is always a bonus, too.  I remember going to a classical music concert at the Barbican when my husband and I were first dating, but that was years ago (Okay, not that long!), and I hadn't realised what a fascinating place it is.  I thought it might be interesting to show you a little about it, and, if you like, they have a dedicated YouTube channel where you can watch more of what goes on there.


The Barbican is a hub for creative learning and 'world-class arts', presenting dance, theatre, film, music and visual arts to nearly two million visitors every year.  It has restaurants, cafes, a conservatory, a library, numerous public spaces and conference facilities.  It sounds like a little city in it's own right!  You can watch a great little animation about the history of the site below:



Being a big James Bond fan, I found this video really interesting too:



Here is the link for the Barbican website, if you'd like to look around it.  I'm off into London now for my graduation ceremony.  I'll let you know how it went next time.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend - I know I will!


2 comments:

  1. WELL DONE VAL -- CONGRATULATIONS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much - it was worth all the hard work, and I had a brilliant graduation day! It's hard to believe, but now I miss the studying...!!!

    ReplyDelete