Friday 25 April 2014

Creative Maze - Challenge - Jewelry Making

For today's Creative Maze challenge, I'm here to talk about my revisiting jewelry-making and getting in touch with my creativity again. As I mentioned on a previous challenge post "here", I've decided to put knitting on the back burner in favor of something that I'm more interested in at this time.

So today I thought that I'd talk about some of the tools that I use for making jewelry. Each one has a particular use and they help make the act of creating a little easier. Here are my tools. I'll describe what each one is used for :



 


Bent nose plier - perfect for twisting, squeezing and shaping in areas that long nose pliers can't reach. And this one has a serrated tip to help grip on better.












Long nose plier with smooth tip - good for twisting, squeezing and shaping and especially good for jewelry findings. They have a smooth tip so they won't damage the surfaces of items that are being bent or shaped.









Straight nose internal plier - these are great for twists, coils, and loops for beading. They are smooth so they won't ruin the finish of objects that are being bent.









Side cutter plier - good for cutting and trimming wire, jewelry findings, and head and eye pins.












Long nose plier with serrated tip - good for twisting, squeezing and shaping, as well as picking up and holding small items. This one has a serrated tip that gives a nice secure grip.










So now that I've introduced you to my tools, onward I go on this creative journey!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment