Monday 21 April 2014

Sanctuary: Easter Monday at a classic car carnival

A beautiful old Riley - my dad had one in the 1950's!

Hello and Happy Easter Monday to you all, wherever you are.

Today, here in England, we have a bank holiday, so lots of people are having an extended weekend, which is always welcome (!) and a chance to do something different, visit somewhere new or kick back and relax.  How we like to relax is personal and different for everyone.  For example, if the weather is bad, I might curl up on the sofa with a book I can escape into, or I might do some knitting or sewing.  My hubby is mad about cars and loves classic car shows and museums, and if we get the chance, we visit.  He tells me the history of the cars and car companies, while I drool over my favourite old Jaguars, Healeys and Triumphs...  I spent many happy hours as a youth under the bonnet with my dad, learning how cars worked and getting covered in grease.  I've always been a bit of a tomboy!



Every Easter Monday, there is a Carnival of Transport at a small market town called Coleford in the Forest of Dean.  Hubby and I went along this morning and the weather was fantastic, which was great for the exhibitors and the visitors, as last year it was cold and pouring with rain!  The carnival was thrumming with people and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.  I took some photos and can share some with you here...
A late 1950's Jaguar XK150

Gorgeous Jaguar E-Type

Sleek Jaguar XK

Austin Healey 3000

Austin Healey 3000 Mark III

Triumphs - TR4 A and TR6

A medley of Minis - we love Minis!

A lovely Morgan, made in nearby Malvern!


I believe we can find sanctuary in anything we enjoy or share.  I hope you've found some today, whatever you've been doing...   

No comments:

Post a Comment