Friday 4 April 2014

Creative Maze - Joint Challenge

Hello everyone, and welcome to our joint Creative Maze challenge.

Dori - Change to My Challenge

As many of you will know, I have been learning to knit for my challenge. It's been going fine, but I had to admit to myself that I'm not really into it right now. I'm going to continue to learn how to knit but at another time. You know how it is when your heart isn't really into something. Well that's what's been happening with me. I'm interested but not interested enough at this moment to take the time needed to learn.

So today I'm changing my challenge over to something that I would like to revisit. Years ago, I used to make jewelry, but I haven't done so for a long time. Therefore, I thought that I would set myself the challenge of tapping into my creativity again and seeing what I can make. Even though I will be making jewelry, the broader challenge is to tap into a part of myself which has been dormant for way too long...my creativity.

I look forward to sharing my journey with this challenge which I am really excited about. Watch this space :-)

*******

Val – Piano Challenge
 
 
It’s  been a few weeks since my last posting, and I haven’t got very far with the piano practice.  ‘Life’ seems to have got in the way, with other things taking over and bleeding into my precious practice time.  Never mind – that happens, doesn’t it?  I’ll just have to dive back in next week and stick to a more rigid timetable!

I have managed to learn a new piece though, and have moved on from using the odd sharp to introducing flats, so the little practice I have done has been quite interesting.  It’s amazing how many things a pianist has to do all at the same time, but then, perhaps, in time, it will become second nature...a bit like driving a car.  Well, I hope it will anyway, because right now things are a bit all over the place!

You can watch the ‘Russian song’ video here, or go to our Labyrinthus XXI YouTube channel and see it (and others) there.  Bye bye for now... 

 

 
 
Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment